Winner of SCA’s 2017 Best New Product Award, the Orion Bean Doser is a system that gives you precise control over your doses. Its intuitive dial interface allows you to save two different weights and operate in a fully automatic mode.
With a small footprint and a minimal design, the Orion Bean Doser will blend in seamlessly with your equipment. The patent-pending auger was designed to smoothly control coffee beans without any damage.
- Weight-based efficiency: The speed of the dose depends on the weight. It’ll dose 225 g in 12 seconds or 20 g in 3 seconds with an error margin of 2-3 beans.
- Automatic mode: Dose multiple containers with automatic taring and no required button pushing.
- Dial interface: The controls and settings menu can all be accessed through the dial interface.
- Intelligent dosing: Based on previous target weights and actual outputs, the Orion will automatically adjust and decrease the margin of error.
- Manual control: For the times you want to do it yourself, the Orion allows you to quickly pause or dose those last few beans.
- Firmware supported: Like all of our products, the Orion will receive periodic updates to its firmware, which you can execute through our firmware app.
- Model No: AO101
- Dimensions: 33.5x20x36 cm
- Weight: 3.24kg
- Capacity 6.6 lbs/ 3kg
- Max: 3000g
- Min: 0.1g
- Hopper Capacity: 350-400 g of beans
- Measuring Units: g, oz
- Display: LED
- Connectivity: Bluetooth 4.0
- Battery: Li-Ion 18650 7.4V 2600mAh
- Input: 12Vdc, 2.0A
- Warranty: 1 Year
Method Coming Soon
I was skeptical dropping $1000+ on a new coffee scale but the Acaia scales are premium products and fit well with my technology-savvy style so I had to have the Orion for my coffee roasting operation.
I'm not big into dosing individual coffees and, instead, measure loosely by volume which works fine for my home brewing purposes. I'm using the Orion for green bean dosing prior to roasting the coffee and dosing for my coffee pouches. The Orion paired with the Rattleware Bean Scale has really simplified my coffee roasting/dosing operation which is highly valuable for me. It would be nice if the stock hopper was larger for my 900g green bean doses but I understand there is a larger hopper available (still looking for a Canadian supplier). I would have given 5 stars if the price was a few hundreds dollars less and if the stock hopper was larger. But overall, I'm satisfied with this product for my home roasting coffee operation.