PUSH is a multi-award winning adjustable coffee tamper which guarantees a perfectly level and repeatable tamp for every user. It is the only coffee tamper developed with and tested by independent ergonomics experts and has been shown to significantly reduce the risk of injury to baristas.
Available in a variety of Colours!
- 58.50mm Hardened stainless steel base, coated with unique ultra non-stick hard coating
- Anodised aerospace-grade aluminium handle
- Stepless adjustment, accurate to 0.05mm
- Made entirely in Great Britain
To setup your new PUSH tamper:
- Unwind handle to max setting (15mm)
- Weigh and tamp your dose of coffee
- Check tamper is level, then wind handle until it stops on the portafilter basket.
- Lock handle with set screw
- Pull a delicious shot
- Wipe clean with a soft non-abrasive cloth.
- Do not use aggressive cleaning products.
- Do not put in dishwasher.
- Do not use abrasive sponges scourers etc.
To clean more thoroughly:
- Make a note of the setting, then carefully remove the locking screw, and store it safely during cleaning.
- Turn the handle counter-clockwise to separate it from base.
- Wash the handle and base in warm soapy water with a soft non-abrasive cloth.
- Rinse with clean water and leave to dry thoroughly before re-assembly.
This thing breathes QUALITY when you first put it in your hands. It is very fun to use, extremely accurate and consistant, plus I love the flat shape as it's way better for my wrist than the classic & outdated knob handles we always see for some reasons. This thing is also "Made in UK" and isn't something cheap from China as you can quickly tell. It's not part of my daily routine and I won't make an espresso without that and my (OCD V3). The only slight cons I had at first was the big "Push" labelling on top but I got used to it. The grey color looks pretty good.
I have a Ranchilo Silvia and after calibrating the depth for 18 grams of coffee, I am getting consistent tamp that covers all sides of the portifiler and reduces channelling while promoting more balanced and evenly extracted espresso
Having just purchased a new Elektra T1 espresso machine, I splurged on this push tamper. After many adjustments, getting the correct grind and weight, then using a distributor/Leveler... then finally the push tamper. I have this set up for a bottomless portafilter, and it pours beautifully without any splattering. However there is no way of knowing whether it pushes at 10 pounds or 50 pounds, but I must be close to 30.
So once the setup is complete, the operation is very quick as long as you do not change the type of coffee beans you are using, the grind setting, or the portafilter! (mine range from 12g single to 18g double to 20g bottomless). Otherwise you need to start all over again!