This is a fantastic entry level grinder, which stands alone in value and quality and is an essential item for every home coffee drinker.
- New burr now grinds consistently enough for espresso as well as manual brew methods
- New gearbox, significantly increasing the strength and durability of the drive transmission while decreasing noise. This means a quieter grinder that wears better and is more shock resistant
- Timer switch replaced with an on/off switch
- Speed To Grind: 0.8g/sec.—1.1g/sec.
- Burrs: 40 mm conical burrs
- Bean Hopper Capacity: 8 oz (227g)
- Grounds Bin Capacity: 5 oz. (142 g)
- Weight: 7 lbs. (3.1kg)
- Dimensions WxHxD(cm): 12x35x16
- Power Rating (North America): 120 V AC 120 Watts 50/60 Hz. 1 Amp
- Power Rating (Other): 230 V AC 120 Watts 50/60 Hz. .5 Amps
- No Load Burr Speed: 550 RPM
- Safety Listing: UL/CSA/CE/EK
- Designed & Engineered: Seattle, WA, USA
- Exploded View & Parts List: Download PDF
- Grinder Comparison Chart: Download PDF
Method Coming Soon
Baratza Encore Coffee Grinder
Don't let the plastic body fool you, this is an amazingly capable grinder at an unbeatable price. The Encore is a little noisy, but grinds beans relatively fast. While not perfect for espresso grinds, the Encore gets the job done. If you typically grind for pourover you shouldn't look any further. With 40 grind settings its easy to dial in a precise grind.
I've heard this said before and I truly believe it - You'll upgrade from the Encore when you want to, not because you have to.
I have had the Encore and used it daily for over 2 years now. One of the great things about the Encore is that replacement parts are inexpensive. I just recently noticed the outer burr holder was missing a tab, I think it may have broken during our last move. I figured this would be an expensive fix but for $8 I have a new one on its way from Eight Ounce Coffee Supply. The only thing I miss from my previous Breville Burr Grinder is the timer function but the grind quality is superior so a small trade off.
This is a fantastic grinder. Sure, it’s loud and it does leave a little mess each time you use it. These are minor complaints. It does however give you a very quick, and uniform grind. It is a very reliable and durable machine so you get what you pay for in that aspect. I’ve gotten lots on use out of it, and it works just as well as the day I got it. Looks great in my kitchen, love the product!
I like the Encore. It works well for different types of coffee and tastes.
The reason I gave this a 4-star is because there are ways to improve on the Encore for espresso users - but there was no instruction off the box on how to do this.
However, that was a minor issue. I found out quite quickly how to recalibrate it to get a better espresso grind: http://www.squidoo.com/baratza-encore-grinder-review-let-s-spill-the-beans
The bottom line is that I like it very much. A little over my initial budget but worth every bit of it!