A great looking glass lid rice cooker that cooks as good as it looks. This cooker allows you to enjoy better rice flavours from being able to cook over a direct flame, just like the traditional way.
The increased thickness of the glass lid rice cooker makes flame adjustment unnecessary, which was said to be the difficult part of cooking rice over a direct flame. The whistle at the top of the lid will let you know when to turn off the heat. Once it whistles, stop the heat and let it steam for 15 minutes. Using the steam heat stored in the glass lid rice cooker will draw out flavours from the rice. Being able to see the rice cook is exciting and worry free!
- Capacity: 300-450g of Rice
- Suitable for direct-flame burners
- Heatproof glass lid
- Polypropylene and Silicone lid handle is heat-safe to 140°C but should be removed for oven/microwave use or cleaning
- Glass lid and handle are dishwasher safe, remove handle according to included instructions prior to placing in the dishwasher
- Made in Japan
- Rinse your rice and drain water with a strainer. Put rice into ceramic pot and pour in water to the appropriate indication line or pour in 200ml of water per 1 cup of rice. Note: Indication lines are only for reference, adjust water amount according to the type of rice, season, etc.
- Soak rice in the water for 30 minutes to 1 hour
- Cook rice with high heat for about 8-10 minutes. As soon as it boils to the point that you hear the whistle blowing sound or if you see bubbling inside the pot - then wait for 1 minute before turning off the heat
- Allow the rice to settle for 15 minutes and then serve