Sometimes your espresso machine's group head needs a good clean. If your machine has a 3-way pressure release valve then you can clean it out with a brush and then use this blind portafilter basket to back flush through and clean out the inside of the group.
- 58mm size fits most standard portafilters for commercial style group heads
- Use with Cafiza® or similar cleaning product
Always follow manufacturer's cleaning and disassembly instructions. All mix ratios may be modified if a stronger solution is desired.
Backflush (each group head):
- Insert blind filter in portafilter and add up to 1/2 teaspoon (3 g) of Cafiza® Powder. Insert portafilter into group head.
- Activate brew cycle for 10 seconds. Stop 10 seconds. Repeat 5 times.
- Remove portafilter. Activate brew cycle and rinse portafilter in stream of water from group head. Stop cycle.
- Insert portafilter into group head. Repeat step (2) without Cafiza® Powder 5 times.
- Make and discard a cup of espresso to ensure no residue remains.