An eco-friendly powder descaler which visually indicates whether a descaling cycle has been successful using pH-sensitive dye compounds. Orange indicates an effective descaling cycle, and blue indicates that another descaling cycle is required.
Rapidly and easily removes lime scale and calcium build up from espresso machine water tanks, boilers and coffee brewers.
Spectra Descaler is biodegradable and certified for use in organic systems, which means that if you're using organic coffee beans and milk, you're fulfilling an end-to-end organic experience for your customers.
- Triple-certified by three independent regulatory bodies - OMRI, NSF, and ACO
- Stringently tested to ensure effective cleaning of coffee equipment.
- Ingredients are rapidly biodegradable and odorless, including:
- Tartaric Acid
- Citric Acid
- Sodium Carbonate
- Sodium Citrate
- Sodium Percarbonate
- Potassium Carbonate
- Non-GMO and free from phosphates and chlorine.
- Non-corrosive formulation to protect the machine.
- Measuring scoop is included for accurate dosing.
- Add 1 scoop (25g) to 500mL of water and dissolve to form an orange solution. Pour into water tank (if machine has a water filter, remove this prior to turning machine on).
- Place a cup under the coffee dispenser and run 120mL of solution through the machine. Run 60mL out through the steam wand.
- Leave the descaler in the machine for 15 minutes before running the remaining descaling solution through the machine. Ensure steam wand is purged by turning the steam on for at least 20 seconds.
- The descaling solution exiting the machine should be orange, indicating the descaling cycle has been effective. If the solution is blue, run another descaling cycle by repeating steps 1-4.
- Rinse thoroughly by flushing one tank of clean fresh water through the system, as well as through the steam wand.
Safety Data Sheets
urnex dezcal descale de-scale de-scaling descaling cleaning coffee espresso clean café purocaf purocaff puro caf caff puro-caf puro-caff cafeto eva vevo organic