This beautiful, Sagan (Sandstone in Japanese) dripper is made using the Hasamiyaki (Hasami porcelain) method, a traditional porcelain crafting method that originated four centuries ago in the town of Hasami, Nagasaki.
This collaboration between Kalita and Hasamiyaki has resulted in the blending of sandstone and Amakusa Touseki potter's stone to create a porcelain that is both slim and sturdy, a perfect merging of light-weight and lasting durability. Each is handcrafted by experienced artisans, and the level of craftsmanship is exhibited by its quality. With its flat-bottomed design, raised center ridges and a controlled flow-rate, it achieves a more consistent and evenly extracted brew, with less water bypass, leading to a sweeter, rounder yet complex brew.
This dripper is a non-glazed ceramic not suitable for dishwashers. Rinse with water and clean with a soft sponge after each use.
- Non-Glazed Ceramic (Blend of Sandstone and Amakusa Touseki Stone)
- Not dishwasher safe
- Wave 155 suitable for brewing 1-2 cups and uses Kalita Wave 155 filters
- Wave 185 suitable for brewing 1-4 cups and uses Kalita Wave 185 filters
- Wave 155: 120 × 100 × 68mm
- Wave 185: 143 × 116 × 80mm
- Wave 155: 280g
- Wave 185: 365g
- Made in Japan
- Place a filter in the dripper
- Pre-wet the filter and discard the water
- Add your freshly ground coffee and start brewing
Brew with the time-tested quality and consistency of a Kalita Wave - but with the beauty and quality of hand-crafted Hasami porcelain sandstone. Equal parts function and form.
simplify gino dripper melitta kalita wave coffee simply simplifi bathtub v60 chemexpourover pour over poreover jino lino fellow stagg japon nippon dripper 155 185