When we see a tamper in a Barista’s hand we know the significance. It is the tool that a barista uses most often. The tamper translates the Barista’s skill of craft into the resulting shot. Its is a tool of assumed simplicity with substantial purpose.
The Thoroughgood takes on a classic tamper shape then evolves to solve ergonomic and aesthetic challenges of many traditional tampers. The wood to metal joint is perfectly smooth and a pleasure for your thumb to rest on. The Stainless steel base is precisely machined manually to accomplish some of the industries tightest tolerances +/-0.002 inches. To help achieve an even and ideal extraction our stock tamper base diameter sizes are 58.3 mm and 53.0mm.
- 58mm Tamper - Actual Diameter 58.30mm (2.295inches) - Designed for use with precision baskets
- 53mm Tamper - Actual Diameter 53.00mm (2.126inches)
- Handcrafted in the USA
- A beautiful selection of woods: Hard Maple, Ash, White Oak, Cherry, Walnut
- Precision engineered to +/- .002"
- Brass wear ring and stainless steel locking pin
- Size customizable, on request
- Custom engraving available on request
Method Coming Soon