If you need a high volume, high quality, simple cold brew solution - be it for your cafe, roastery, or other commercial application, you've come to the right place. Also, if you just drink an incredible amount of coffee at home, this should also cover all your caffeine bases! The Toddy Commercial system is made in the USA and uses its patented cold-water extraction process to produce cold-brewed liquid coffee and tea extract that offers a full-bodied, aromatic flavour profile that translates into a bold, super-smooth taste. Brew 5 lbs of your favourite coffee and you should yield approximately 9.5L of coffee concentrate, which can then be decanted, via the drip-free tap, ready to make any number of delicious coffee based beverages. It's also simple to use: you can see full instructions under the method tab. Oh, and it would be remiss of us not to mention that it is equally adept at brewing tea.
- Makes 9.5L/320oz of coffee concentrate
- NSF Certified
- BPA Free
- Additional filters are available in packs of 50
- Made in USA
- 21 Litre Brewing Container with Lid
- No-drip tap
- One re-usable strainer
- 10 one-time use Commercial filters
- Insert one Commercial filter into the strainer. Put strainer and filter into brewing container with the open end facing upwards.
- Put 5 pounds of regular grind coffee into the filter.
- Pour approximately 6.6L of cool water into the open filter, making sure to saturate all the coffee grounds.
- Tie the filter bag closed with the attached string. The string should be tied approximately 3 inches from the top of the filter bag. Leave plenty of room for the coffee to move around. (Tying the bag too tight will result in dry pockets in the grounds and the coffee concentrate will be very weak.)
- Add 6.6L of cool water to the brewing container.
- Optional: gently massage the grounds (through the strainer) to assure saturation.
- Cover with lid and let brew for 8-16 hours.
- Drain extract into suitable storage container, and refrigerate. Yield should be approximately 9.5L (320oz). If grounds block spigot, gently move grounds from in front of spigot.
- Disposal/clean-up - Lift grounds and filter from brewing container using strainer. Dispose of filter and grounds (caution - filter is fragile when wet and subject to tearing). Rinse strainer and air dry.
Follow the same steps as for coffee, but use 2lbs of tea.
Brew for 12-18 hours. Produces 7.6L/256oz of concentrate.
- We recommend starting with a ratio of 1 part tea concentrate to 6-7 parts water, milk or soy.
- Mix to taste, making your tea as strong or as weak as you prefer.
- Serve hot or iced.