Cold Brew season is just around the corner! The following is a blog post from our friends at Fellow:
Some like it hot. And some like it cold. Luckily, Prismo covers both ends of the coffee temperature spectrum. Our mighty little AeroPress® Coffee Maker attachment can “pull” espresso-style shots and bust out delicious full-immersion brews, but it’s also an easy-to-use cold brewing champ!
Experiment with the Fellow Team’s go-to cold brew recipe below and wake up to a strong, chilled concentrate in the morning!
- 12-24 hours steep time
STEP X STEP
- Grind 35 grams of coffee as coarse as possible á la French Press style. Place the AeroPress® Coffee Maker plunger 1/4th plunged into the brewing vessel. Flip the brewing vessel so the chamber is facing up.
- Add 35 grams of coffee and 130 grams of room temperature water to the AeroPress® Coffee Maker.
- Stir for 20 seconds to ensure the bed of grinds is fully saturated.
- Twist Prismo onto the top of the AeroPress® Coffee Maker.
- Store in fridge for 12-24 hours. Because Prismo is airtight, you can store your cold brew inverted or right side up!
- After 12-24 hours, press down on the AeroPress® Coffee Maker plunger. The added pressure of Prismo’s pressure actuated valve will agitate and squeeze out all of that cold brew sweetness. This recipe is a cold brew concentrate, so make sure to add extra water or milk to taste!
Subscribe to this blog's RSS feed using https://eightouncecoffee.ca/blogs/news.atom