All Chemex Coffeemakers used together with the scientifically designed, patented Chemex Bonded Filters guarantee pour over brewing process, and will deliver the perfect cup of coffee, without any sediments or bitter elements. Designed for the 3-Cup Chemex. 100 filters per pack.
- Compatible with all CM-1, CM-1C, CM-1GH Chemex Brewers
- 20-30% heavier than other filters
- Produces coffee with clarity and complexity
- 100 filters per pack
- Made in the USA
Click Here to watch our demonstration video or follow the instructions below:
- Fold the paper in half to form a 90 degree angle
- Fold up the tab and then fold the filter in on itself to form a cone
- Place your finger between the 3rd and 4th layer of the filter and open it up into a funnel
- Place the funnel in the top portion of the Chemex coffeemaker, with 3 layers on the side with the spout
- The spout acts as an air vent that allows air to escape the lower section of the brewer to let the coffee draw down at the proper rate
- Gently pour hot water through and around the filter to rinse
- Empty the water
- Put coffee into the filter and then brew coffee
- You can use our method to brew, find one of the many other methods available on the Internet (Here's a good place to start), or use your own!
After using both filters available for this Chemex model I feel that these are superior due to the thickness of the filter. The bleached model allows for longer brewing time and more flavorful coffee. I still need to play around with unbleached model with regard to brew time and grind, but these are some preliminary observations.
awesome product :)