Cold brew coffee made with CoffeeSock organic cotton coffee filters is rich in aromatic oils and smooth with balanced acids.
Using soft, organic cotton, this cold brew filter is hand-sewn in the USA. It fits inside a mason jar, or any container of your choosing.
Not only are you reusing your filter, you're also creating a totally different flavour profile than you would get with paper or metal filters. Cloth filters allow more oils through, and therefore give you more body - without sacrificing complexity.
- Fits inside a mason jar (not included)
- 100% Made in USA by Coffee Sock
- Organic cotton
- One filter per pack
- Add your favourite freshly ground coffee - ground medium to coarse. Try with 6oz of coffee
- Bloom to start (wet grounds thoroughly and let sit for 60 seconds).
- Twist neck of filter, wrap tie string around neck a few times and slip neck of filter through glass ring.
- Fill jar with cold water and allow to soak overnight in refrigerator. 12-18 hrs
- Remove filter and rest in mouth of jar to fully drain.
- Top off cold brew jar with fresh water to desired brew strength
- compost your grounds (great for your soil)
- turn your sock inside out and rinse with hot water
- squeeze out excess water, and hang up to dry thoroughly between uses. this is all the cleaning that is necessary with ordinary use
To further sanitize occasionally, or as necessary:
- boil for 5 minutes
- or run through dishwasher
- or soak in water and microwave on high