Looking for a cloth filter for your Kalita Wave? This is the one!
Using soft, organic cotton, this Wave 185 filter is hand-sewn in the USA. It fits in any Kalita Wave 185 dripper or brewer, and comes in a pack of two - so you've always got a spare.
We love the difference this filter makes. Not only are you reusing your filter, you're also creating a totally different flavour profile than you would get with paper or metal filters. Cloth filters allow more oils through, and therefore give you more body - without sacrificing complexity.
- Fits all Kalita Wave 185 coffee drippers and brewers (not included)
- 100% Made in USA by Coffee Sock
- Organic cotton
- Two filters per pack
- compost your grounds (great for your soil)
- turn your sock inside out and rinse with hot water
- squeeze out excess water, and hang up to dry thoroughly between uses. this is all the cleaning that is necessary with ordinary use
To further sanitize occasionally, or as necessary:
- boil for 5 minutes
- or run through dishwasher
- or soak in water and microwave on high
I was skeptical when I started using the Coffee Sock with my Kalita Wave 185 dripper but after it had a week or two of coffees poured through it, I began to taste a really nice complex flavour profile that I just look so forward to every morning. Hard to pinpoint but my coffees are much smoother and more flavourful. The regular Kalita paper filters are easier as you can just toss them out but the quality of my brew is far better with Coffee Sock despite the rinsing and drying of the sock each day. In the end it's not a big deal really.