Ask anyone who likes coffee, and they will know about the humble, but reliable French press (aka coffee press or plunger).
There is good reason for this: a beverage with great body and lots of flavour - and it's easy to use. But it does have its issues. We've never met anyone who thinks a mouthful of coffee sediment is a delicious part of the coffee drinking experience.
In usual fashion, Espro has taken a reliable friend, dusted it down, and given it a new twist which seems so simple, you ask yourself why it hasn't been done before: They have changed the filter.
While this may not seem groundbreaking at first glance, you'll notice they have implemented a unique two stage micro-filter that preserves all of the freshly brewed flavours and aromas, while keeping sediment out of your cup.
This isn't its only trick. Temperature is an important part of brewing so, courtesy of a dual wall, heavy duty stainless steel carafe, it keeps your coffee lovely and hot while brewing.
Like all Espro products, you get durable high quality construction and a good looking piece of equipment. The Espro Press P7 has a polished stainless steel finish.
- Produces 32oz of coffee
- Double micro-filter for an incredibly clean cup
- Hot and constant temperature with double wall vacuum insulation
- Durable stainless steel
- Easy to clean
- 1 year limited factory replacement warranty
- Filters are BPA, BPS and phthalate free
- Global patents pending
Step 1: designed for optimal brewing
- extracts pure flavours by fully mixing grounds and water
- keeps temperature constant and hot with vacuum insulation
Step 2: designed for optimal filtering
- the first micro-filter (a) is vertical and reaches below the layer of grounds to the clean coffee - it also lets the aromatic oils seep through at the top
- the second micro-filter (b) makes sure your coffee is very clean, so extraction doesn’t continue in your cup
- the double silicone lip seal prevents any grinds from bypassing the filter
Step 3: designed for optimal enjoyment
- precision brewing preserves all of the freshly brewed flavours and aromas, so you can enjoy them again and again
Yes its expensive compared to other presses, but it you really enjoy a good clean cup, this is the one. With the ability to also add a paper filter... even better. It should last a really long time, well made and great design. I got the 32oz for when I have guests over. The glass version is prettier but the insulation of the steel work great and I don't have to worry about damaging it.
This was on my wishlist for quite some time, and I received it as a gift this past Christmas. I used to be a frequent user of french presses but had moved to using Aeropress and Chemex more often in recent years. But this changed things.
This Espro French Press does all that it claims to. Makes great coffee. Keeps it warm for hours. Filters out all but the very finest grounds. And looks great doing it.
French Press lovers, treat yourself to an Espro.
It's not an everyday French Press.
It's an every. day. French Press.