We used to travel quite a lot. We also had the 9-5 office jobs. Both of these tend not to be particularly condusive to a good cup of coffee, although this doesn't have to be the case...
A hand grinder was an essential part of our travel/work kit, and this is a great entry level grinder, ideal for the job. This is the smaller, lower capacity ceramic burr grinder from Hario. Its thin, light construction and removable handle make it ideal for travel. The grind is fully adjustable via a locking nut on at the base of the burr (the bit that grinds the coffee), making it suitable for virtually any brew method, and coarseness is measured via clicks when turned. The burr set is kept more stable by a spring that sits on the shaft, leading to a more uniform grind.
- 50g bean & 30g grind capacity
- Adjustable ceramic burr: Turkish to French press
- Plastic grounds container makes this preferable for travel purposes
- BPA free plastic
- Made in Japan
- Set the grind to required level by turning the nut on the bottom of the burr
- Test the grind by grinding a few beans though. Adjust if necessary
- Weigh out desired amount of coffee beans
- Place into the hopper on the top and grind into the plastic grind container