This beautiful, Sagan (Sandstone in Japanese) dripper is made using the Hasamiyaki (Hasami porcelain) method, a traditional porcelain crafting method that originated four centuries ago in the town of Hasami, Nagasaki.
This collaboration between Kalita and Hasamiyaki has resulted in the blending of sandstone and Amakusa Touseki potter's stone to create a porcelain that is both slim and sturdy, a perfect merging of light-weight and lasting durability. Each is handcrafted by experienced artisans, and the level of craftsmanship is exhibited by its quality. This dripper maintains the Kalita tradition of design, and features three drain holes and ribs to create a perfect air space between the filter and dripper. This time-tested, signature design ensures that Kalita's products always yield an extraordinary brew. The design also allows it to sit sturdily on any server or mug. The bottom of the dripper is crafted with a beautifully-rendered outline of the Kalita logo and the “Made in Japan” seal.
This dripper is a non-glazed ceramic not suitable for dishwashers. Rinse with water and clean with a soft sponge after each use.
- Non-Glazed Ceramic (Blend of Sandstone and Amakusa Touseki Stone)
- Not dishwasher safe
- 101 Dripper suitable for brewing 1-2 cups and uses Kalita 101 ( or #1 cone) filters
- 102 Dripper suitable for brewing 1-4 cups and uses Kalita 102 ( or #2 cone) filters
- 101 Dripper: 120 × 100 × 70mm
- 102 Dripper: 130 × 110 × 90mm
- 101 Dripper: 280g
- 102 Dripper: 390g
- Made in Japan
- Place a filter in the dripper
- Pre-wet the filter and discard the water
- Add your freshly ground coffee and start brewing
Brew with the time-tested quality and consistency of a Kalita Dripper - but with the beauty and quality of hand-crafted Hasami porcelain sandstone. Equal parts function and form.
simplify gino dripper melitta kalita wave coffee simply simplifi bathtub v60 chemexpourover pour over poreover jino lino fellow stagg japon nippon dripper 155 185