MAKE MICROFOAM AT HOME
While aerolatte-style electric whisks are great for mixing liquids, it would be difficult to say that they can, in any way, produce smooth luscious microfoam - perfect for pouring latte art. Subminimal, however, has taken the handheld whisk design, re-engineered it, and has created a stunning, little tool that allows you to create actual, high-quality microfoam in seconds. We were skeptical too, but it actually does an amazing job. So what does this mean..? Whether the steam pressure on your espresso machine is not up to the job, you use mocha pots, you're a fan of pod coffee, or you are out camping, you can create delicious textured milk that you'd expect to get from your favourite coffee shop.
The Subminimal NanoFoamer (V1) comes with two screens that can be switched out, but the finer screen has yet to have been separated from the Nano in our testing as it creates the best texture for latte art. However, if you are mixing some delicious artisan chocolate, then the second filter would be perfect. It's, of course, also waterproof and just requires a couple of AA batteries to keep you in delicious micro foamed hearts.
Upgade to the NanoFoamer (Lithium) which has the following improvments on the V1
- Click-On NanoScreens: The new NanoScreens ditch the pressure fit system for a satisfying snap-fit, ensuring a far stronger hold on the impeller while simultaneously preventing buckling over time.
- Replaceable Impeller: Replace the all-important impeller as anytime in the event your NanoFoamer takes an unfortunate tumble.
- Upgraded Impeller Material: The impeller material is upgraded to Polycarbonate (still BPA free & FDA certified), making it more resistant to the stresses of the fast rotations in hot liquids.
- Improved Waterproofing: Overall better seals on the closures and shaft.
- Better Motor: The upgraded motor is more powerful, built to tighter tolerances, and more reliable.
- Stainless Steel Housing: The motor housing is now made of real brushed stainless steel for a far more premium experience.
- More Stable Shaft: Tighter tolerances deep inside the motor translate directly onto the shaft's stability. Spinning dead center is key to spinning fast and reducing vibrations.
- On/Off Digital Switch: The upgraded button is a feather-light on/off switch, allowing you to focus on the foam while holding the NanoFoamer as lightly as a pencil.
- Safety PCB: Auto shut off after ninety seconds to prevent the ultra-fast motor from overheating the housing.
- New Battery Housing: The internal design is as beautiful as the outside, with the batteries fitting directly into the handle and connecting with premium spring-loaded contacts.
- Reduced Vibrations: The new internal design is built to much tighter tolerances, keeping everything snug to reduce all vibrations from the handle.
- All New Engineering: Better internal engineering with sonic welded components instead of snap-fitted parts.
- Powerful Li-ion battery: A powerful 3.7V 1200Mah lithium-ion battery gives this product superpowers up to 14k RPM and very high torque.
- Dual-speed: This NanoFoamer is so powerful, that we had to slow it down, so we built it with a multi-touch switch for selecting one of two speeds.
- Battery Level Indicator: Four LEDs quickly show you when you should consider recharging.
- USB Type C: USB-C is the connector of choice for all the best electronics on the market today, so you can recharge your NanoFoamer with any USB charger you already own.
- Available in V1 or Lithium models
- 2 x AA batteries included with V1 model
- USB-C cable included with Lithium model
- Two screens included
- 5 mm diameter stainless steel shaft
Choose: Select a NanoScreen to suit your preferred microfoam type: Superfine, fine, or ordinary foam.
Churn: Churn your warm milk (55°C is ideal) for about 15 seconds. Start in the middle to incorporate air, then move to the side to continue churning and blending the foam.
Pour: Pour your perfectly microfoamed milk over espresso. It should feel like pouring paint. Draw a heart, rosetta or something abstract!
- Subminimal Nanofoamer V1 - Data Sheet
milk foamer aerolatte subliminal sub minimal subminimum minisub suboptimal whisk cappucino latte foam foamy coffee