Updated Toddy Cold Brew System with New Lid and Stopper!
I've been really good this year and I would like:
Delicious cold brew coffee.
Minimal work to make said cold brew.
Lots of cold brew - if I'm waiting for hours, I don't just want to get 1 or 2 cups at the end of the brew.
It's been a tough year, so I don't want you to spend too much money.
While it may not be the festive season (or it may be, depending on when you read this), it would make Santa a very happy chappy, as all he needs to do is to call us here at Eight Ounce Coffee HQ and we can tick every box on the list with a single product: The Toddy Home Brew System.
The Toddy Cold Brewer is made in the USA, and makes beautifully balanced, lower acid, no bitterness coffee concentrate. It's also really simple to use.
Once the coffee and water have been added (see method tab) just leave in the fridge for around 12 hours, pop the stopper out, and decant into the supplied sealable, glass carafe. In addition to the smooth and complex taste, one of the best features of this brewer is the fact that you produce 1.6L of concentrate! Yes, you read correctly, 1.6L of extract, which translates to 3.2L - 4.8L of coffee, depending on your drink of choice! And your possibilities are endless; iced lattes, iced cappuccinos, flavoured cold drinks, Americanos, and whatever your imagination can come up with!
And while the sooner you drink the better, it's more than happy to live for up to 2 weeks in your refrigerator. This is essential in those hot summer months when you don't want to take hours to brew a small amount of coffee.
Oh, and it would be remiss of us not to mention that it is equally adept at brewing tea.
- Supplied with Brewing Container with Handle and Lid, Glass Decanter with Lid, Reusable Filters (2), Silicone Stopper (1), Paper Filters (3), Instructions and Recipe Guide
- Makes 1.6L/54oz of coffee concentrate
- Plastic brewer and glass carafe
- Made in USA
- Insert the stopper into the outside bottom of the brewing container; then, dampen the filter and insert it into the inside bottom of the brewing container.
- Add 1 cup of water into the bottom of the Toddy brewing container and 6oz of ground coffee.
- Slowly pour 3 more cups of water over the grounds, in a circular motion.
- Add the remaining 6oz of ground coffee. Wait 5 minutes.
- Slowly add the last 3 cups of water. DO NOT STIR (stirring the bed of grounds can result in a clogged filter).
- Lightly press down on the topmost grounds with the back of a spoon to ensure all grounds get wet.
- Steep for 12 hours (up to 18, depending on taste preference) to create a smooth, rich flavor.
- Remove the stopper and let your coffee concentrate flow into the glass decanter - stays fresh for up to 2 weeks in your refrigerator.
- We recommend starting with a ratio of 1 part coffee concentrate to 2-3 parts water, milk or soy.
- Mix to taste, making your coffee as strong or as weak as you prefer.
- For rich, smooth iced coffee, simply pour coffee concentrate and water, milk or soy over ice. Combine coffee concentrate with steaming hot water for a bolder, gentler cup of hot coffee.
Follow the same steps as for coffee, but use 8oz of tea.
- We recommend starting with a ratio of 1 part tea concentrate to 6-7 parts water, milk or soy.
- Mix to taste, making your tea as strong or as weak as you prefer.
- Serve hot or iced.