If you need a high volume, high quality, simple cold brew solution - be it for your cafe, roastery, or other commercial application, you've come to the right place. Also, if you just drink an incredible amount of coffee at home, this should also cover all your caffeine bases! The Toddy Commercial system is made in the USA and uses its patented cold-water extraction process to produce cold-brewed liquid coffee and tea extract that offers a full-bodied, aromatic flavour profile that translates into a bold, super-smooth taste. Brew 5lb. of your favourite coffee and you should yield approximately 8L of coffee concentrate, which can then be decanted, via the drip-free tap, ready to make any number of delicious coffee based beverages. It's also simple to use: you can see full instructions under the method tab. Oh, and it would be remiss of us not to mention that it is equally adept at brewing tea.
- Makes 8L (2.5 gallons or 320oz) of coffee concentrate
- NSF Certified
- BPA Free
- Additional filters are available in packs of 50
- Made in USA
- 21 Litre Brewing Container with Lid
- Lift (increases the volume of cold brew you get out of every batch)
- No-drip tap
- 2 paper filters
- 2 Tree Free filters
- Insert the coffee lift, feet down, into the commercial brewing container, making sure that the spigot is not obstructed.
- Insert one commercial filter into the brewing container with the open end facing upwards. The filter will rest on top of the lift.
- Pour 2kg (5lb.)of coarse ground coffee into the filter.
- Pour approximately 11.2L (14 quarts) of cool water into the open filter, making sure to saturate all the coffee grounds.
- Tie the filter bag closed with the included string. The string should be tied approximately 8cm (3") from the top of the filter bag. Leave plenty of room for the coffee to move around. Tying the bag too tight will result in dry pockets in the grounds and the coffee concentrate will be very weak.
- Cover with lid and let brew for 12-24 hours.
- Drain concentrate into Toddy storage decanters or other suitable storage container.
- Close spigot and let grounds rest an additional 15-30 minutes
- Decant the rest of the concentrate and refrigerate.
- Disposal/clean-up: Carefully remove filter with grounds from brewing container. Caution: filter is fragile when wet and subject to tearing. Compost or dispose of filter and grounds. Rinse coffee lift and air-dry for reuse.
Follow the same steps as for coffee, but use 2lbs of tea.
Brew for 12-18 hours. Produces 7.6L/256oz of concentrate.
- We recommend starting with a ratio of 1 part tea concentrate to 6-7 parts water, milk or soy.
- Mix to taste, making your tea as strong or as weak as you prefer.
- Serve hot or iced.