Designed to give you better tasting coffee by cleaning away coffee oil residue in automatic espresso machines, you can also use it to clean the coffee residue out of your home espresso machine, coffee brewer, carafes and various parts that come in direct contact with coffee.
- Cleans away coffee oil in automatic brewers for better tasting coffee
- Formulated for controlled solubility, easy rinsing and powerful cleaning that maintains the inner workings of your espresso machine
- Each 2 gram tablet is sized for use on a wide range of different machines
- Packaged on a convenient blister card with 8 cleanings per carton
- Contains Sodium carbonate and Sodium percarbonate
- Made in USA
Instructions for use on Manual Espresso Machines with three-way pressure release valve
Back flush each group head
- Place one Cafiza® Tablet in a cup and fill it with hot water.
- Insert blind filter in portafilter and partially fill with this solution. Insert portafilter into group head.
- Activate brew cycle for 10 seconds. Stop 10 seconds. Repeat 5 times.
- Remove portafilter. Activate brew cycle and rinse portafilter in stream of water from group head. Stop cycle.
- Insert portafilter into group head. Repeat step (2) without the Cafiza® solution 5 times.
- Make and discard a cup of espresso to ensure no residue remains.
- Soak filters and metal of portafilter for 30 minutes in the hot water solution made from mixing 1 Cafiza® tablet mixed with hot water in a cup.
- Rinse with clean hot water.
For Use on Coffee Brewers
- Empty coffee from equipment. Add 1 Cafiza® tablet directly into brew basket.
- Run a full brew cycle into your carafe hold for 30 minutes.
- Empty the carafe and rinse all parts with clean hot water.
TIP: Wet cloth with Cafiza® solution and wipe down spray heads, then wipe clean. Caution: Solution may be very hot.
Instructions for use on Automatic Espresso Machines
If the machine has a cleaning program:
- Insert one Espresso Machine Cleaning Tablet in specified machine opening and follow manufacturer's "Maintenance and Cleaning" instructions for the machine’s cleaning cycle.
If the machine does not have a programmed cleaning cycle, but has a pre-ground coffee or bypass chute:
- Put one Espresso Machine Cleaning Tablet in the pre-ground coffee chute and place a cup under the coffee spout.
- Press the button corresponding to brewing with pre-ground coffee.
- When half a cup of water has been discharged, switch the appliance off for 5 minutes to let the solution take effect inside of the machine.
- Switch the appliance back on again to end the cycle.
- Repeat this cycle a minimum of 3 additional times to rinse, but do not add additional tablets to the machine (to ensure that all cleaning solution has come out the machine).
- Remove the coffee dispensing unit and rinse it carefully using clean water.
- Before using the appliance again, prepare two cups of coffee, by pressing the button corresponding to brewing with pre-ground coffee, but without adding any coffee, and then throw them away.
- To clean the drip tray, place an Espresso Machine Cleaning Tablet inside, and fill it up 2/3 full with hot water. Let the cleaning solution take effect for about 30 minutes, then rinse abundantly.
If the machine does not have a pre-ground coffee chute:
- Place one Espresso Machine Cleaning Tablet in a cup and fill it with hot water.
- Remove the coffee dispensing unit and clean the filters and the dispensing channel with the prepared cleaning solution.
- Let the solution take effect for at least five minutes and repeat this operation a minimum of three times.
- Rinse the coffee dispensing unit abundantly with clean water and install it again.
- To clean the drip tray, place an Espresso Machine Cleaning Tablet inside and fill it up to 2/3 full with hot water. Let the cleaning solution take effect for about 30 minutes and rinse abundantly.