Specifically designed for espresso machines and available in bulk for use on your roasting equipment. Formulated for the professional barista, Puro® powder is an essential component in daily machine maintenance.
Puro® powder can be used for backflushing traditional espresso machines, soaking espresso machine parts, and cleaning coffee brewers. An integral part of your daily cleaning and back flushing procedure that is NSF certified for metal compatibility and safety, and OMRI Listed for use in Organic Production.
- Sodium percarbonate
- Sodium carbonate
- 566g (20oz)
- Manufactured in USA
For Professional Results Perform Daily
Instructions for Use on Professional Espresso Machines
Always follow manufacturer's cleaning and disassembly instructions. For comfort and safety use rubber gloves and eye protection.
Backflush (each group head):
- Insert blind filter in portafilter and add up to 1/2 teaspoon (3 g) of Puro® Powder. Insert portafilter into group head.
- Activate brew cycle for 10 seconds. Stop 10 seconds. Repeat 5 times.
- Remove portafilter. Activate brew cycle and rinse portafilter in stream of water from group head. Stop cycle.
- Insert portafilter into group head. Repeat step (2) without Puro® Powder 5 times.
- Make and discard a cup of espresso to ensure no residue remains.
- Soak filters and metal of portafilter for 30 minutes in 1 teaspoon (6 g) of Puro® Powder per 32 oz (1 L) of hot water.
- Rinse with clean hot water.
Instructions for Use on Coffee Brewers
- Empty coffee from equipment. Sprinkle 1/2 teaspoon (3 g) of Puro® powder per 64 oz (2 L) of brewer capacity directly into brew basket.
- Run a full brew cycle into each vessel and hold for 30 minutes.
- Empty each vessel and rinse all parts with clean hot water.
TIP: Wet cloth with Puro® Powder solution and wipe down spray heads, then wipe clean. Caution: Solution may be very hot.