The Forté is available in two configurations. The Forté-AP (All Purpose grinder) can grind from coarse to fine and comes with a 54mm flat ceramic burr (ideal for espresso), grounds bin for use when grinding by weight, plus a portaholder for use when grinding directly to your portafilter. The Forté-BG (Brew Grinder) is designed for manual brewing and comes with a 54mm flat steel burr (ideal for brewing) and a grounds bin.
The Forté-AP is a compact, commercial grade grinder, dedicated to grinding for ALL brew methods. The Forté-AP incorporates many features that fit well into commercial operations, including: all metal construction; small footprint; intuitive control panel; and solid macro/micro adjustment. The Forté-AP offers the ability to grind by time, for espresso dosing, or by weight. Coffee professionals find the Forté-AP to be a versatile grinder for many situations - as a small restaurant and office espresso/brew grinder, as a Roaster demo grinder for wholesale tasting, or being a dedicated grinder for decaf or single origin in a café.
The Forté-AP is a durable workhorse using a 54mm flat ceramic burr (ideal for espresso), which produces an accurate and precise grind, delivering exceptional cup quality for brew methods from espresso to press pot. We re-designed the guts of the Vario-W for commercial use. The Forté-AP design includes a grinding assembly with a threaded burr holder which screws firmly into an all metal grinding chamber for a more accurate grind. A larger gear to belt ratio, combined with a more efficient DC motor increases the speed of grind and duty cycle.
- Speed To Grind: Espresso 2g/sec.— Press 3.5 to 3.7g/sec.
- Burrs: 54 mm Ceramic Burrs by Ditting (Ideal for Espresso)
- Bean Hopper Capacity: 10oz (300-400g)
- Grounds Bin Capacity: 6oz (170g)
- Weight: 13 lbs. (6kg)
- Dimensions WxHxD(cm): 13x36x18
- Power Rating (North America): 120 V AC 240 Watts 50/60 Hz. 2.0 Amp
- Power Rating (Other): 230 V AC 240 Watts 50/60 Hz. 1.1 Amps
- No Load Burr Speed: 1950 RPM
- Safety Listing: UL/CSA/CE/EK
- Designed & Engineered: Seattle, WA
- Exploded View & Parts List: Download PDF
- Grinder Comparison Chart: Download PDF
Method Coming Soon
Really good grinder, beware that the grounds bin tends to vibrate and it may throw off the weight reading. So if you are grinding by weight, try to pull the bin toward you and you'll be fine. Also when you are adjusting the up/down arrows its really easy to accidentally hit the start button. I bought the AP because I didn't want to see the "BG" text in front of the machine.