The CHEMEX® is so cool that it has a permanent display in the Museum of Modern Art in New York, and is how James Bond makes his coffee. What other endorsements do you need?
Since the CHEMEX® is made out of glass, you can see the coffee as it brews and, as it's a pour-over method, you can also customize your particular brew method very easily.
If your biggest issue with the standard CHEMEX® Classic is that it doesn't have a handle or maybe you're allergic to wood, this is definitely the right CHEMEX® for you. The graceful slope of the glass handle provides good leverage if you're pouring a full pot and it still maintains the clean, simple glass design of the original CHEMEX®.
- 16oz (475ml) capacity
- Easy to clean - just remove filter and rinse through
- Heat-resistant glass made in Germany
- Requires CHEMEX® filters
- Super pretty!
- Glass Handle
The Eight Ounce Method
- Place a filter in the top of the CHEMEX®.
- Pour hot/boiling water through until all of the filter is saturated.
- Pour the water out of the CHEMEX®, via the channel, ensuring that the filter remains in place
- Grind and add coffee into the filter
- Start timer and pour enough water (195-205º) to saturate the coffee
- Swirl or stir coffee to fully saturate and let bloom for 45 seconds
- Add rest of water pouring in a clockwise, circular motion, without pouring to the very edge or overfilling the filter
- Once draw down is complete, remove the filter and the coffee is ready to serve!
The CHEMEX® Method
Get Into The Grind
Grind your favorite whole bean coffee to a medium coarse ground.
Open a CHEMEX® Bonded Coffee Filter into a cone shape so that one side of the cone has three layers, and place it into the top of the CHEMEX® Coffeemaker. The thick three-layer portion should cover the pouring spout.
Put one rounded tablespoon of ground coffee for every 5 oz. cup into the filter cone. Feel free to use more if you prefer it stronger; our CHEMEX® Coffeemaker brewing process eliminates bitterness and acidity.
Let It Bloom
Once you have brought the appropriate amount of water to a boil, remove it from the heat and allow it to stop boiling vigorously. Pour a small amount of water in a circular motion over the coffee grounds to wet them, and wait for about 30 seconds for the grounds to "bloom".
After the grounds bloom, slowly pour the water over the grounds while keeping the water level well below the top of the CHEMEX® Coffeemaker (a quarter inch or more).
Slowly pour the remaining water over the grounds, using a circular or back-and-forth motion as you pour to ensure an even saturation of the coffee.
Toss The Filter
Once the desired amount of coffee is brewed, lift the filter with spent grounds out of the brewer and discard. Our filters are biodegradable and compostable.
Enjoy The Perfect Cup
Pour your freshly made coffee into your CHEMEX® mug and indulge in the flavor.
cemex kemex v60 wave hario kalita coffee coffee maker brewer electric pourover pour-over pour over