The Forté is available in two configurations. The Forté-BG (Brew Grinder) is designed for manual or batch brewing and comes with a 54mm flat steel burr and a grounds bin. The Forté-AP (All Purpose grinder) can grind from coarse to fine and comes with a 54mm flat ceramic burr, grounds bin for use when grinding by weight, plus a portaholder for use when grinding directly to your portafilter.
The Forté-BG is a compact, weight-based, commercial grade grinder, dedicated to grinding for brew methods requiring a medium to coarse grind. The Forté-BG incorporates many features that fit well into commercial operations, including: all metal construction; small footprint; intuitive control panel; and solid macro/micro adjustment. Coffee professionals have learned, from using the Vario-W in the brew bar setting, that weight-based grinding improved their workflow and efficiency. In response to the Vario-W success, and growing demand for this approach to grinding in the commercial environment, we have developed the Forté-BG.
The Forté-BG is a durable workhorse using a 54mm flat steel burr, which produces an accurate and precise grind, delivering exceptional cup quality for brew methods from Press Pot to Drip. We re-designed the guts of the Vario-W for commercial use. The Forté-BG design includes a grinding assembly with a threaded burr holder which screws firmly into an all metal grinding chamber for a more accurate grind. A larger gear to belt ratio, combined with a more efficient DC motor, increases the speed of grind and duty cycle.
- Speed To Grind: AeroPress 1.2g/sec.— Press 2.4g/sec.
- Burrs: 54 mm Steel Burrs by Ditting
- Bean Hopper Capacity: 10oz (300-400g)
- Grounds Bin Capacity: 6oz (170g)
- Weight: 13 lbs. (6kg)
- Dimensions WxHxD(cm): 13x36x18
- Power Rating (North America): 120 V AC 240 Watts 50/60 Hz. 2.0 Amp
- Power Rating (Other): 230 V AC 240 Watts 50/60 Hz. 1.1 Amps
- No Load Burr Speed: 1950 RPM
- Safety Listing: UL/CSA/CE/EK
- Designed & Engineered: Seattle, WA
- Exploded View & Parts List: Download PDF
- Grinder Comparison Chart: Download PDF
Method Coming Soon