Urnex Dezcal Powder is specifically formulated to effectively descale hot water tanks and components of coffee and espresso machines by removing mineral deposits that clog and impair brewing equipment. Dezcal™ allows machines to perform at optimal levels and can also be used to maintain faucets, sprayheads & milk systems (although we recommend using Rinza to get rid of milk residue). This non-toxic, biodegradable and safe liquid descaler comes in a convenient powder form that dissolves in water. Works great for descaling your kettle!
- For use on Commercial Boilers and Heating Elements of Coffee and Espresso Equipment
- 900g container
- Manufactured in USA
- Contains Citric acid and Sulfamic acid
- Not for use on Aluminum
We recommend descaling on all espresso machines be done by professional technicians only as in most cases boilers need to be removed for soaking. Rather than relying on descaler, we recommend that you regularly test your water, or use water with a constant hardness of ~50ppm to limit scale build up. One option is using Third Wave Water combined with the appropriate water source as directed.
- Add 100g (3.5oz) of powder for each 2 litres (1/2 gallon) of lukewarm water.
- Stir to dissolve.
- Hold solution in vessel for up to 30 minutes.
- Empty the solution directly and do not run through a brewing cycle until fully emptied and rinsed.
- Rinse all parts thoroughly.